Sunday, February 10, 2013

Now, this is the story all about how my wedding got flipped-turned upside down

And I'd like to tell a story just sit right there.....

I'll tell you how our wedding changed about a million times before finally settling on an idea that made sense and cost many less cents than our original plan(s).

There's a very good reason I don't write lyrics, and probably good reason that I don't plan weddings either.

You see, our wedding has changed direction about a hundred times since we first started planning. It's not that we didn't have good ideas. It's that we had sooo many good ideas. I've been planning my $100,000 wedding for the past ten years, faithfully reading Weddingbee and poring over bridal magazines and blogs for inspiration. My wedding PowerPoint presentation (from the pre-Pinterest days) is 273 pages long and take 5 minutes to load. My Pinterest has 25 wedding boards, all dedicated to different themes from Gatsby to Vintage Seaside to Vineyard.

When Mr. Rucksack and I got engaged, I figured all of my extensive research would go a long way in our planning process. I was Wrong with a capital W. It turns out we were in for a lot of sticker shock (wouldn't you know, my dream $100,000 budget was cut down to $15,000 in the real world) and venue woes. Also, with so many ideas out there it was hard to figure out what exactly was "us."

We felt a little like this: (and even ended up with a semi-nautical theme, ha)



But after months of "planning" we finally have a real vision and real vendors! Whew! Now I just have to keep reeling myself in when I start adding on a million projects and "must have" decorations. I blame Pinterest.

Did you have a hard time paring down your wedding ideas, too?

No comments:

Post a Comment