Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Great Venue Reveal

After visiting every venue in the state of Connecticut (or at least their websites) and pulling out our hair debating exactly what type of wedding felt the most "us" we finally made a decision.

The winner is.... The Madison Surf Club!

Surprised? I kind of am too!

In the end, the Surf Club made the most sense for our budget and the feel of our wedding. We really want to provide a fun and casual day for our guests and we think this is the place to do it.

Remember my revised list of important wedding qualities? The Surf Club allows for us to have everything we want - and will be the least expensive option! Score!

Photo by Paul Cantrell
Here's a little reminder of what we wanted:

1. Our friends and family - This is an obvious one, but the Surf Club fits almost exactly the amount of guests we'll be inviting, topping out at 125.

2. Yummy food - Being able to hire our own caterer is a major plus since we'll be able to create a menu that is delicious, totally unique, and hopefully not too expensive.

3. Good wine and beer - We'll be allowed to bring in our wine and beer so we'll not only save a lot of money, but will be able to drink exactly what we want.

4. Music & dancing - Of course we would have had music at any venue we'd chosen, but I love that we'll have the option of dancing outside on the deck by the water.
Surf Club Entrance
Ceremony Location

Tented Deck for the reception
So what about the cons?

1. The rustic blank canvas - I've been looking at inexpensive ways to brighten the space a little and am thinking something along the lines of paper lanterns, candles, and white market lights, but the amount of options available is making me crazy! How can I possibly choose?

2. Beach bums - This is one I still have a slight reservation about, but I'm trying to just go with the flow and not worry about it. Even if there are kids at the snack bar or running by, as long as they don't come into our venue and put their hands in my cake we'll be cool. (That happened to me at my 10th birthday party at a mini golf place and it totally scarred me for life. Not cool, man. Not cool.) Maybe these kids will even think I'm a princess and I'll totally make their day! At least, that's what I'm going to tell myself. Oh and the screaming? We have a DJ to drown them out. And alcohol.

All in all though, I think it's the most perfect venue! And you know, if the negatives do become a reality, it doesn't really matter because I'll be marrying Mr. Rucksack. On the beach. And it will be awesome.

Did you have any cons to overcome with your wedding venue?

No comments:

Post a Comment