Friday, October 4, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: The First Look

The first look is one of those debates that Mr. Rucksack and I were very adamantly on the other side of when we first got engaged. As in, there was no way, no how we were going to do one. However, as we got closer to the big day we finally understood what all the fuss was about. In the end, we went ahead with it for the following reasons:

1. We are narcissistic fools who wanted as many photos together as possible.
2. We wanted to spend as much time at the wedding with our wedding guests and not taking hours worth of photos.
3. We knew nerves and excitement would be high enough during the ceremony and wanted to ease some of the pressure beforehand. (I, for one, would have been a hot mess)
4. Hiding from Mr. Rucksack at our venue before the ceremony would have been a logistical nightmare.

And I can officially say I am so so happy we decided to go down the first look path. They're some of my favorite photos from the day and it was so nice to spend some time with my guy before we tied the knot.

So from here on out, I'll let the photos do most of the talking:


 
We also took the time together to exchange gifts.

I got Mr. Rucksack this nifty watch.
And he got me the Kate Spade "Mrs." necklace I'd been hinting about.
The Scranton Seahorse Inn where we were staying also had some great details and props that we took full advantage of.
Nothing like a pre-wedding bike ride
After our first look, we shuttled off to the Madison Surf Club for some wedding party photos before our guests arrived!

Where do you stand on the first look debate?

(All photos by Abigail Scott)

Previously on the Rucksack Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment