Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: The Final Road to Becoming a Mrs.

As I waited my turn to walk down the aisle with my mom, I was SO excited. I was dancing in my place in line as I watched each girl, followed by our littlest attendants, file out of the surf club and onto the sand.

When "Sea of Love" by Cat Power began playing, my heart started beating super fast and I clinched my mom's arm and began my walk to Mr. Rucksack.  

And then my veil got stuck on a rose bush. In retrospect, it was not a good idea to put a potted rose bush on the steps from the deck to the beach. It took a good couple of minutes to free myself from the thorns, all while I cracked up laughing and fretted a bit about not getting to the end of the aisle before the song finished!

Finally free with the help of my coordinator and my mom, we resumed our walk down the aisle.

 
 (For the real deal feel, press play before scrolling down!)

Image by: Heather Liberman Photography
Image by: Heather Liberman Photography
With a few words from Momma Rucksack to Mr. Rucksack and a promise to take care of me said back, I was finally standing across from my future husband about to become his wife.

Anybody else have a veil mishap on the way down the aisle?

(All photos by Abigail Scott unless otherwise noted)

Previously on the Rucksack Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment