Monday, September 23, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: Wedding Morning Rain

On August 3rd, 2013 I awoke at 7:30am to a gloomy, rainy morning. My plan had been to sleep in as long as possible, but my internal alarm clock decided that 7:30 was the perfect time to be awake. (Plus, the Benadryl had worn off.)

At this point the only feeling I felt was "ridiculously calm." Whether it was due to the Benadryl or the comfy hotel bed or visions of wedding sugar plum fairies, I just woke up feeling amazing and well rested. You know that feeling when you wake up from a great nap while on vacation and you stretch out and let out a great big sigh and then you're just ready for the day? That's exactly the way that I felt.

I decided to take a walk in the rain to the nearest drug store to pick up cards for the parents, some orange juice to make mimosas, and some tissues for the ceremony. I basically skipped down the street while I ran my errands and made good morning phone calls to Momma Rucksack and Mr. Rucksack.

They were both really concerned about how I would react to the rain, but guys - I was so happy! It wasn't just that I was semi-delusional and nothing could have kept me down, but the logical part of my brain kicked in and told me that this was actually the best case scenario. You see, the rain was supposed to stop at 3pm and the sun was supposed to be shining by 4. That meant that the beach wouldn't be it's usual crowded self and that set-up would be that much easier! Plus, it would probably cut down on the gawkers! Win-Win-Win!
Who has 10 toes and didn't want to deal with a typical New England beach crowd? (Image via
The rest of the morning was spent wrapping everyone's gifts (nothing like last minute, I tell ya!) and tidying the hotel room before the girls arrived for hair and make-up. Oh - and the best part! Spending some QT with Mr. Rucksack! Yes I'm totally aware that this was breaking wedding day protocol, especially since we took all that care to sleep separately the night before. But he was an awesome almost-hubby and brought over all of the things I had forgotten at home as well as breakfast. In return I gave him coffee and my undying love and gratitude. ;-)

Then before I knew it, the morning was over and it was time to start getting ready!

Previously on the Rucksack Recaps:

    No comments:

    Post a Comment