Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: Practicing "I Do"

After rushing around like a mad woman all day, we finally made it to our rehearsal just a few minutes after 6. I should have been exhausted and I was probably stinky since I hadn't had a chance to shower all day, but all I could think was how excited I was to just do this thing!

It's been said here about a thousand times before, but I'll say it again: Please rehearse! You'd be surprised at how hard it is to get a group of adults to walk down an aisle and stand next to each other. Especially in a space like ours (the beach) where there is no altar or aisle or anything to make the process easy, I cannot stress the importance of rehearsing it at least one time through.

After I managed to gather everyone and drag them down to the beach and got everyone in the somewhat correct order we walked through our entrances.
Waiting ever so patiently
Momma and the bride. I told her to tell me some raunchy jokes so that we wouldn't cry.
Then we stood around for a few minutes and got comfortable with our places.
Guest Photo
At this point I was starving, so I declared rehearsal to be over and dinner to begin! We transferred our boxes to our DOC along with my master list of items and PowerPoint presentation of set-up and answered her last minute questions. It was at this point that I began to have some doubts about our DOC (you'll hear more about this later), but instead of panicking I decided to let it go and let someone else deal with her which was definitely the best thing I could have done. I don't know if it was hunger or bridal ignorance, but I was suddenly in a daze where I wasn't going to let anything or anyone bother me.

Instead, I joined our family and friends for our big Italian rehearsal dinner, up next!

Previously on the Rucksack Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment