Monday, September 9, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: Let the Rucksack Recaps Begin!

I am so excited to begin sharing our wedding with you, hive!

The wedding planning process brought on so many emotions that if you had asked me how I was feeling at any given moment I would have answered "I have ALL the feelings." It was all at once stressful and scary and happy and exciting. Literally, it was all of the emotions wrapped up into one tiny little bridal mess.
Via Feelings Poster
I've often heard that brides have feelings of loss after the wedding, or sometimes burn out. After spending so much time planning the perfect day, what happens once it ends? I don't feel loss, in part thanks to Weddingbee. Having the opportunity to write about, recap and review our wedding makes it seem as though it's not completely over. Burn-out however, I totally understand. My blog feed has filled up with wedding planning and inspiration posts, but outside of Weddingbee I haven't had the heart to look at them. I feel like I've just gorged on too much chocolate ice cream and can't bare to look at the stuff anymore. Really the only wedding I want to look at at this point is my own - and the other lovely bees of course!

I also think that delaying our honeymoon a couple of weeks ended up working out perfectly. At first I was a little bummed that I wasn't immediately swept away on a honeymoon able to have lovey dovey realizations of "Oh, you're my husband!" while sipping on champagne in the sunshine. However, it gave us time to recuperate first - and gave me something to look forward to. We were able to pack at our leisure, clean our house up from wedding chaos, open gifts, and write the first round of our thank you notes.

And then there was the sickness.
Via Pet Bucket
Ever since I was a little kid, whenever I get stressed or overtired I get sick. Well, the same thing happened right after the wedding. I'm pretty sure my body basically said "You know how I've been on my best behavior leading up to the wedding? Well, you've put me through hell with all this stress and partying and alcohol, so now your immune system is just gonna go on a little hiatus, mmmk?" The week after the wedding was basically spent fighting a cold, breaking out with zits, and then getting pink eye. I swear, it looked like someone had put a curse on me. So yeah, getting all of that out of my system before the honeymoon was essential.

I can't believe it's already been over a month since we were married. It seems both like it was just yesterday and forever ago. The day went by so quickly that my memory is is already foggy about the details. Which means that I better get to sharing before the details are lost for good!
Bridesmaid Instagram
How did you feel (emotionally and physically) after your wedding?

No comments:

Post a Comment