But shoes? Meh. It's not that I don't like them - I have several pairs of shoes that I adore. (Including a $1500 pair of Sergio Rossi boots that I scored at a Goodwill for $8 thank you very much.) For the most part though, I'd rather spend my money on other parts of my outfit (see above).
So imagine my surprise when it occurred to me that I had spent hours of my life devoted to finding wedding shoes with no luck. You'd think I could just grab a pair of comfy sandals and call it quits, but nope. Apparently my wedding planning alter ego has other plans. While far from a bridezilla, she appears to be taking on some zombie like qualities with glazed over eyes, foaming at the mouth, while searching online and grumbling "Must. Find. Shoez."
Shoe Zombie had several requirements to complete her bridal look:
- Slight heel < 3 inches. Since I'm rather tall at 5'9", I'm not entirely comfortable in super high shoes. I'd also rather not tower over Mr. America.
- Preferably a wedge. Getting married on the beach means no stilletos.
- Fits in the wedding color scheme: aqua, pink, or gold.
- Modern looking- Nothing that looks like a prom shoe.
- Must allow for my cute pedicure to be visible.
- Must be able to protect my feet from icky sand (due to sandphobia) and/or the ability to quickly get the sand of off my feet post ceremony.
|Miu Miu Glitter Wedges via Fashion Fuss|
These shoes would be great if they weren't so darn tall:
|Via New Look|
|Fergalicious Grace via 6pm|
|April Beheads the Black Eyed Peas via Fast Company|
The problem was, they just weren't ideal for a beach wedding. I had a feeling I'd be tripping and sinking into the sand, and I would definitely get that yucky sand stuff stuck in there. It was back to the drawing board... sorry Fergie!
After a few months of searching high and low for the perfect glitter shoes, I gave up. Clearly my dream shoes did not exist in my budget. So I followed in the footsteps of girls much craftier than I and made my own!
|Sparkle Sparkle! They look so cute when they peak out from my dress!|