Monday, November 11, 2013

I Carry Your Heart: Little Details

After we had our grand sparkler exit, Mr. Rucksack and I turned right back around and went back into the venue to help with clean up. Our original plan was to leave our car with our DOC so that she could pack everything up and then we'd pick it up from the venue the next day, but we made a snap decision at the end of the night to pack the car ourselves and take it to the after party instead of taking a cab.

Because our DOC had so many issues with set-up, we didn't completely trust that she would be able to finish clean-up alone. Many of my family members stayed to help and we couldn't just peace out and let them do all of the work. Plus, we were completely sober at the end of the night, so taking a cab seemed silly. Truth be told, it was kind of fun breaking down lanterns while gabbing with my cousins at the end of the night.

Since I don't have any pictures of the breakdown process or our little after party at a local bar, I think this is the perfect time to discuss all of the little details that we packed up instead.
Pro-Pics of our Watercolor Save the Dates. I have totally given up on anonymity.
My beloved self-designed lobster invitations and envelope.
Welcoming Flamingos to guide the guests
Hand picked shell place cards for the head table.
Paper fans for a warm outdoor ceremony
Sunglasses favors for the ceremony. They were a huge hit!
My something borrowed: a locket with pictures of my deceased grandparents, soon to be passed on to my cousin at her wedding in May!
Practical favors. And yes, my wittiness cracks me up. 
My handmade cake topper. Sadly Mr. Rucksack's head went missing after our cake cutting.
We didn't pack these guys up, but I love that they made an appearance. Also, one of these bad boys pooped on my mom during the ceremony.
Flowers getting ready to go home!
With the last of the items packed between our car and my mom's car, our little wedding was officially over. We watched as the caterers left and the venue's crew closed the doors. It was kind of surreal being the last people there and seeing everything broken down and packed away. In a way it was fitting and seemed to close the chapter of the wedding for us.

Did you have to break down your wedding at the end of the night?

(All photos by Abigail Scott unless otherwise noted)
Previously on the Rucksack Recaps:

No comments:

Post a Comment